big gamer french Index du Forum
big gamer french
Big Gamer French est une team de COD MW2

big gamer french Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Carl Sandburg Home Carl Sandburg Home National Historic S ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    big gamer french Index du Forum -> Publique -> Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
maurele

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 15:21 (2017)    Sujet du message: Carl Sandburg Home Carl Sandburg Home National Historic S Répondre en citant

Excerpt from Carl Sandburg Home: Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, North Carolina

In one of my grandfather's bureau drawers at Connemara, along with a Hohner harmonica and a number of the scarves that he wrapped around his neck for warmth, I once came upon a box containing a small packet of tiny cards that had been printed in the Far East. On one side of each card was an Oriental painting, and on the opposite side, a prov erb. It was an odd little packet, and I took a liking to it, so my grandfather gave it to me. Years later I was to come upon it again in my own drawer and find new meaning in at least one of the sayings on the cards. It was the ancient Persian proverb: If I had two loaves of bread I would sell one to buy white hyacinths to feed my soul.

After my grandfather's death in 1967, I heard that he had sometimes quoted that proverb and then added his own twist to it, Nor let us forget the reverse of that: 'if I had two baskets of white hyacinths, I would hope to God that I could sell one to buy some bread to feed myself.

About the Publisher

Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com

This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.

Details:
price: $9.57
bound: 132 pages
publisher: Forgotten Books (May 19, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 0259584207, 978-0259584209,
weight: 6.6 ounces (
filesize:

48a4f088c3

Educazione e addestramento del puledro: Dalla nascita alla doma (Italian Edition)Memoir of the Hon. Nathan Appleton, LL.D. Prepared Agreeably to a Resolution of the Massachusetts Historical SocietyGuest Book: Graduation, Blank Lined Guest Book For Graduations, (8.25" x 6" Paperback)Superwoman Vol. 1: Who Killed Superwoman? (Rebirth)Home Medicine Bible For Your Coton de Tulear: The Alternative Health Guide to Keep Your Dog Happy, Healthy and SafeReflections of a Middle Child in Middle AgeMen's Doodle Book: Blank Journals To Write In, Doodle In, Draw In Or Sketch In, 8" x 10", 150 Unlined Blank Pages (Blank Notebook & Diary)Notebook - Interested CatTuesday%27s+Promise%3A+One+Veteran%2C+One+Dog%2C+and+Their+Bold+Quest+to+Change+LivesCamo Notebook: Turquoise Camouflage, 144 Pages

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 15:21 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    big gamer french Index du Forum -> Publique -> Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation